RAOB Data Types
Data types and formats that RAOB can process.
- BUFKIT Forecast Soundings
- Display hourly sequential soundings used by the popular BUFKIT program, including the ability to merge SREF Member data groups. See capability to download/FTP up to 5,000 BUFKIT files at one time.
- RAOB CSV format
- This is a highly versatile, spreadsheet-style format with multiple data format options and allows over 10,000 data levels per sounding. Options exist to include ozone, cloud data, vertical motion, and other sounding parameters.
- RAOB RAW format
- Originating from the popular RAOB DOS program, this text-based format only allows one sounding per datafile, but it also allows up to 10,000 data levels. Similar to the CSV Format above, any sounding data can be converted into this format.
- SHARP Modified Data
- Data files created by the popular SHARP (Skew-T and Hodograph) program.
- University of Wyoming (UWYO) data
- A very popular web-based source of sounding data.
- WMO Coded Data
- TTAA, TTBB, PPBB, TTCC, TTDD, and PPDD. (Including 21212 & 51515 data groups) Including Mobile SHIP, LAND MOBILE stations, and Dropsonde (hurricane) soundings. Dropsonde Data is provided by the National Hurricane Center’s "hurricane hunter" planes.
Special Data Decoders module
- See entire listing of
data types and formats.
Binary Decoders module
Radiometrics Decoder module
- Microwave data
Sodar/Lidar Decoder module