RAOB Data Sources
Current & Archived Soundings
- University of Wyoming.
- Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (University of Colorado at Boulder) format.
- For the global current.rawins sounding file.
- Single-Source Radiosonde Database.
- Multi-Source Radiosonde Database (rucsoundings).
- NHC Dropsondes
- National Hurricane Center's data from Hurricane Hunter planes.
- WMO coded data by Station, Region, and/or Time.
RAOB offers a variety of data access methods.
- Sequential data from NWS offices at Buffalo, NY
- ESRL/GSD (Op/Bak/dev)
- Sequential data sets from NOAA/ESRL offices
- Worldwide Current and Forecast soundings.
- Gridded RAP and NAM forecast soundings. Example.
- Gridded French model forecast soundings. Example.
- Worldwide model forecast soundings.